Program Goals and Objectives
The goals and objectives for the Athletic Training Program at Dominican College include the following:
- To become recognized nationally as a superior educational program in Athletic Training this provides quality didactic and clinical experiences for its students.
- To allow students the opportunity to examine their individual moral and ethical foundations and develop an appreciation of how their personal values impact their practice as a professional in Athletic Training.
- To comply with the practice and educational standards set forth by the National Athletic Trainers' Association and their accrediting bodies, as well as those determined by federal and state law.
- To involve students in the profession of Athletic Training and assist them in fulfilling their intellectual, social and career objectives.
- To participate in and promote interdisciplinary interaction in teaching, research and service.
- To support the mission and values of Dominican College in a highly productive manner.