Division of Teacher Education
||Roger F. Tesi, Ed.D., Director
Office Location: Casey Hall
Phone: (845) 848-4082
About the Division
Teaching is a profession that offers tangible, visible, ongoing rewards, drawing on your passion for knowledge, your desire to make an impact, and your impulse to thrive in an environment that overflows with vitality and life. The Division of Teacher Education recognizes the unlimited potential that exists in every classroom, and provides you with the background and inspiration you need to harness that potential and make a positive difference in children’s lives.
Dominican College’s Teacher Education programs:
- lead to eligibility for New York State certification in a variety of childhood and adolescence educational fields
- have a 100% success rate for certified graduates who seek employment as teachers, and pass rates of over 95% on state certification exams
- maintain a state-of-the-art curriculum through continuous consultation with students, teachers, and school district personnel
- are staffed by expert faculty
- offer a diversified curriculum that focuses on both subject matter and pedagogy
- produce alumni who serve as models of teaching excellence in schools throughout New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut
- produce alumni who pursue doctoral degrees and teach college courses in a variety of fields
- produce responsible and devoted teachers who are flexible, caring, sensitive to diverse student backgrounds and needs, and are committed to continual self-assessment and personal and professional growth.
Dominican College’s programs in Teacher Education are nationally accredited by the Teacher Education Accreditation Council (T.E.A.C.). TEAC, One Dupont Circle, Suite 320, Washington, DC 20036-1110.
Dominican College offers programs leading to eligibility for New York State Certification in the following areas:
M.S in Education Programs (choose one)
For more information about the programs listed click here.
- Childhood Education
- Teacher of Students with Disabilities
- Childhood Education and Students with Disabilities - Dual Program
- Adolescence Education
- Adolescence Education and Students with Disabilities - Dual Program
- Teacher of Students Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired